09/22/2019 – 09/25/2019
Santa Barbara Quilt Retreat – Freddy & Me!
Come spend four wonderful days in Carpinteria, California with this dynamic duo learning how to create whimsical, imaginary town “Freddy-Style” in their new class– “It Takes A Village!”
Freddy has been a textile artist for decades and she has teamed up with Jean Impey to put together their talents, skills and eye for this class. You will truly learn more about designing and using textiles in a whole new way.
No one person has all the answers to every problem that will arise with a textile piece, No one person can hover and keep you in sight at all times. No one person can do everything and be everything for every student. A Village brings different views, assistance, encouragement and experiences.
Freddy and Jean bring their unique insight and experiences into this workshop and help you build your own town, your own way.
Come learn how to develop that textile artist hidden within you! Supplies:
• Fabric for you Whole cloth top… Freddy & Jean have used quilting cotton as well as cotton flannel for this, and in some cases have pre-quilted it before they even start on their project. (Bring it to your longarmer and have her quilt it out)…You can do this, or just bring your fabric and decide there.
- Batting (if not pre-quilted)
- Backing (if not pre-quilted)
- Scraps, lots of scraps … longer shapes work best and save time, don’t cut
them up though, we will be “tearing” our fabrics to build our houses. Yes, you will have to see to believe! And don’t forget to bring LOTS of whites and neutrals too!
- 1⁄2 yard pieces of neutrals, whites and other colors for your village
- Basic Sewing equipment: Machine, FMQ feet, 1⁄4” foot, cotton thread neutral
colors and especially BLACK… we will use this during our FMQ – cotton
- Scissors and Rotary supplies
- “Disappearing Purple” Elmer’s Washable School Glue Stick.. This is very –
very important… bring several and buy large! Here is a link from Amazon:
To sign up today: https://sbquilting.com/workshop-moran-impey/
We are pleased to be working with the Holiday Inn Express in Carpinteria.
They are offering a special rate to Santa Barbara Quilting Retreat attendees.
Call 805-566-9499 ask for the SBQR rate!