Workshop: 06-Basket Case
- Sewing Machine and basic sewing tools
It's always best to test your machine before class. Bring your favorite 1/4" foot for piecing and your FMQ/Darning foot. Basic Sewing tools include the items you like to have when sewing... a seam ripper? LOL, stiletto, marking tools, pencils, spare bobbins, scissors, rulers, pins, spare sewing machine needles (70 sharps are my favorite) - bring anything portable that makes you happy.
- Personal cutting mat and your favorite, sharp rotary cutter
Your mat should be large enough to work with 12” blocks and ruler for cutting on your personal mat
- June Tailor® Ruler #JT-796
Square up your blocks easily by using the "shape-cut ruler" I use this ruler in almost all my quilts, let me show you how spectacular it is and how perfect it can make your work.
Bring a neutral cotton thread for piecing and top stitch and then bring a 50W cotton in white or cream, and another 50W cotton in black for the FMQ we will use to attach flowers to your baskets. I sell Aurifil thread and you can order from my store.
- FABRICS: choose an assortment for your quilt. You can make the whole quilt scrappy or choose a color scheme
- OPTIONAL: fussy cut floral motifs for your baskets
As with my Garden Party Workshop, we can fussy cut flowers and FMQ/appliqué these to our baskets to add excitement and personality No fusibles or glues please
- Personal iron (plugs permitting)