Workshop: 10-Rustic Sun
- Sewing machine with decorative stiches
* If you want to use machine for quilting.
- Decorative threads
- Bozzolo Reale Silk Thread
- Perle Cottons (all weights) with needles appropriate
- Thicker Colorful Threads
- Rayon and Polyester threads
- Glitter/Hologram Threads
- Metallic or Sparkle Threads
- Sulky, Superior or other metallic threads (for machine)
- Decorative Stitch books
Sue Spargo has a great one called, Creative Stitching. For those of you that are left-handed, this is a great book: Left-handed Embroiderer's Companion by Yvette Stanton. She also has a book for right-handers: Embroidery Reference Book Right-Handed Embroiderer's Companion. If you have an iPad, bring it along, there is a great website we can refer to.
Tonal fabrics or solids work great.
Both for hand and machine. To use specialty threads with your machine, you may need a "Metallic Needle", a Denim Needle, and a Leather Needle. (Test all your threads to ensure you have a needle you can thread and sew with) for hand use.. suggestions: Chenille Needles #18, and #24, Milliners Size 1
- Needle Threaders
- Miscellaneous items also needed
Freezer Paper - about 1 yard, Pencil, Sharpie, rotary knife, batting, Sewers Aid, sewing machine, zipper foot, Add-A-Quarter Ruler (if you have one), tweezers, personal iron (plugs permitting), personal cutting mat.
- Pillow and backing for pillow
If you are making a 20" x 20" pillow, bring a WOF (width of fabric) with the selvages still on x 22" and a nylon zipper 20" or longer. Don't forget your Zipper Foot!